Winners Day in Cape Town
The highlight of the African Excellence Awards is the Winners Day in Cape Town on 21 April 2016, where communications professionals come together to celebrate the best in PR over the last year. The winners day will include a Symposium and a Winners Dinner.
The winners of the Awards will give a short presentation to an audience of other winners, Jury members and communication experts that have not entered the Awards but want to get an insight view on the most successful campaigns and projects in Africa. We encourage you to take this opportunity and meet the other winners, network with the Jury members and exchange knowledge within your peer group.
8.30 Morning coffee
Cluster 1 – 9.00 to 10.15 a.m.:
- University of the Free State: B Safe Take Action Campaign of the University of the Free State, SA (23. Internal Communication)
- MEAComS: MEAComS Celebrates 7 Years in Business (39. Corporate Film and Video)
Cluster 2 – 10.30 to 11.45 a.m.:
- Ministry of Tourism with Grayling: Make It Kenya: #MaraLive (5. Travel & Tourism, 44. Social Media, 45. Mobile Communication and Social Apps)
- Castle Milk Stout with Corporate Image, MetropolitanRepublic: Castle Milk Stout Unplugged (25. Content Marketing)
- Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia: Annual Report of the Environmental Investment Fund of Namibia (34. Annual Report)
Cluster 3 – 12.00 to 1.15 p.m.:
- Malaria Consortium: Malaria Control Culture Project (22. Change Communication)
- Tsogo Sun with Strategic Public Relations: Tsogo Sun’s Amazing Slots Race (13. Entertainment & Culture)
- African Union with FleishmanHillard: #AfricaAgainstEbola – African Union (33. Issues & Reputation Management)
Cluster 4 – 2.00 to 3.15 p.m.:
- Safaricom with Squad Digital Limited: This Is My Kenya (21. Multi-Market Communication)
- Ogilvy & Mather Namibia: Brandulance (38. Corporate Advertising)
Cluster 5 – 3.30 to 4.45 p.m.:
- UNITED STATES INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY – AFRICA: Experience USIU-Africa (14. Science and Education)
- The Rezidor Hotel Group: Crisis Communication Plan: Ebola Epidemic in Sierra Leone (24. Crisis Communication)
- FleishmanHillard (2. Agency of the Year)
The dinner commences at 8.00 p.m.
During the ceremony, we will honour the winners of the African Excellence Awards 2015 while offering a seated dinner. The evening provides the opportunity to network with the best and finest representatives of African PR and communications.
The Symposium and dinner will be held at:
Beach Road Granger Bay
Cape Town 8002